If you are facing problems and wondering how to get help in Windows 10, then this guide lists some built-in support options, as well as Help Desk, Support or Community forums, and website options, where you can get help.
While you could download Windows Help Program WinHlp32.exe for Windows 8.1, Microsoft has decided to move most of Windows 10 Help online. So if you have any application open and you press F1 or Fn+F1, the local help may not be available. Here are the help options available to you in Windows 10:
To get help in Windows 10, you have a few options:
Windows 10 Help and Support:
- Click on the “Start” button located on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- In the search bar, type “Help” or “Support” and select the “Help and Support” option from the search results.
- This will open the Windows 10 Help and Support window, where you can search for topics or browse through various categories to find relevant information and solutions.
- Open your web browser and go to the official Microsoft Support website (https://support.microsoft.com/).
- On the Microsoft Support website, you can search for Windows 10-related topics, browse through articles, and access troubleshooting guides and tutorials.
- You can also participate in the Microsoft Community forums, where you can ask questions and interact with other Windows 10 users and Microsoft experts.
Get Help App:
- In Windows 10, there is a built-in app called “Get Help” that provides assistance and support.
- Click on the “Start” button and scroll through the list of installed apps to find “Get Help.” Alternatively, you can use the search bar to search for “Get Help.”
- Open the “Get Help” app, and you’ll have the option to search for help topics or chat with a virtual assistant to get personalized assistance.
Contact Microsoft Support:
- If you need direct assistance from Microsoft, you can contact their support team.
- Visit the Microsoft Support website (https://support.microsoft.com/) and navigate to the “Contact us” section to find options for phone support, live chat, or email support.
Remember to provide as much detail as possible about your issue when seeking help, as it will help support personnel or online communities to better understand and assist you.